Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Look who's moving!


I am 21 weeks pregnant this week and I am starting to feel really pregnant now..since it is the first time I can feel my baby moving inside my uterus. Kind of weird and scary at first, knowing and feeling there's something moving inside your tummy!

I think I should have a pregnancy journal to record everything I experienced since my early pregnancy but I haven't, partly because I'm too lazy to write but also because of the constant mood swings; I don't feel like to do anything at all.

To date, I already did blood tests for Down syndrome and spina bifida, thalassemia, urine test and still waiting for the results. Hopefully everything turn out fine. However, one of the early diagnosis was that I am not immunised to German measles or rubella, which is weird since as long as I remember and I am pretty sure that we have the jab during our primary school. My GP said that I will be immunised after my labour and he asked me to avoid contact with people who are not immunised to German measles; ok, how am I supposed to do that?

Whatever it is, everybody have been so supportive to me, my family and friends, and especially, my ever patient husband. My mom and mother in law have particularly reminded me to read Quran constantly, and to put baby oil all over my tummy to avoid stretch mark later on..to eat dates and raisins..

During the 21st week of pregnancy:

Your baby's memory is now developing. Studies show that, after birth, he will respond to familiar music and voices he heard while in the womb.

Your baby's measurements are now taken from head to heel as his body has now straightened and it is now easier to measure from head to heel. He is now around 27cm long, and weighs around 350g.

Your baby is now a thinner, smaller version of a fully formed newborn. His skin is becoming less transparent, although his tiny network of veins and vessels is still visible beneath.

Some mums-to-be experience heartburn, when the acid contents of the stomach pass back up into the oesophagus. Tips to ease the condition include avoiding spicy foods, eating little and often and sleeping propped up against pillows in bed to help gravity do its work.

(a lazy cut and paste from www.boots.com)

Ok...setakat ni je lah..saja nak share =)

photo: http://www.supercoolbaby.com/archives/2007/09/lambswool_baby_shoes.php

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, Tuan sangat teruja,
rasa cam ada baby plak dalam perut...
ahaks!

about rubela, rasanya confirm2 lelaki tak der amik immunisation jab tu dulu...
so tempat paling selamat ialah bro hazimin lah kot...hehehe

izra said...

Rubella and measles...u better be careful dear. Takut2 nnt ter'transmit' the virus to your baby. Tp since ko takde virus2 ni, so it should be ok...Aku kena tlg ajar virology kat sini. Kalau tak, aku pun haram tau bnda2 ni bahaya...Anyways, take care mom-to-be..=)

Opie said...

Hm.. nanti bila turn akak, I'll refer back to this page ya, haha..

Hm, I think we were supposed to get the jab during sekolah menengah, no? I wasn't in msia at the time, tapi ada je buat masa kat US. Isma miss kut..

Anyway, keep us updated about you and the baby! Take care..

Shana said...

Waaaaaah... Teruja!

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Yati tak pernah ambik BCG ataupun Rubella injections. :p

Take care mommy and baby, tak sabar pulak nak jumpa korang (entah bilalah tu... :P)!

Isma Yanti said...

Thanks alot my friends! =)